Inspiring keynotes on how to stop fearing uncertainty and use it to anticipate risk, locate competitive advantage and create the future. In addition to customized keynotes, the following are offered. These can be delivered as “desktop keynotes” for virtual meetings and events.
Change the Story, Transform the Future
Transformative change takes place when people start telling new stories about who they believe they are and where they are headed next. Learn how to jump start organizational transformation using Amy’s proprietary method of generating a new strategic narrative.
- Empowerment: Everyone understands what a story is; understanding transformation as a story in motion
makes it approachable by anyone
- Skills: Learn straightforward framework for initiating transformation at any level of an organization
- Knowledge: Develop an understanding of why organizations today must grapple with potential transformation if they hope to survive emerging disruptions
The Age of Convergence is Here
A generation ago, we all learned that everything is “connected” as globalization and networks emerged as dominant business paradigms. Today, everything is converging, creating vast new vistas of possibility and daunting new challenges. This keynote explains the convergences happening at the intersections of science and technology, the public and private sector, and the institutional and the individual, and opens a conversation about how to work in this emerging paradigm.
- Insight: Gain a new mental model for framing and making sense of emerging changes
- Knowledge: Learn about wide ranging developments across verticals
- Creativity: Provoke new ways of thinking about what is changing and how to manage changing paradigms
Critical Global Trends Shaping Your Future
Pivotal changes in the environment, culture, and technology put many organizations at decisive crossroads. In this customizable keynote, Amy will present a futurist’s framework for thinking about uncertainty as an opportunity, rather than something to fear, and a set of emerging areas of change and uncertainty facing the audience, based on pre-discussion with meeting/ conference organizers
- Inspiration: Transform anxiety around uncertainty into confidence that it is possible to anticipate and prepare for change, as well as to use uncertainty as a form of advantage
- Knowledge: Generate improved insight into macro-trends and emerging change in relevant areas
- Skills: Produce a greater appreciation of how uncertain environments can produce unexpected consequences, and an awareness that it is possible to prepare for potential ‘wild cards.’
Short Workshops 1-3 hours
Decision Making Canvas: Make Better Decisions in Uncertainty
This workshop offers a fast-track activity to help leaders de-risk strategic decisions, or take purposeful steps toward decisions, even when information does not exist. We use a pre-distributed decision making “canvas” to develop an entire solution on one page.
Who this is for: Teams or groups that have outlined a particular strategic direction and seek an opportunity to stress-test it in the context of uncertainty.
- De-risk: Process for reducing risks: Save time, money and resources by testing an existing strategy before putting it into action
- Skills & Process: Develop skills for working in uncertain conditions
- Resilience-building: Generate awareness of options
Clear the Uncertainty Overload, So You Can Focus on What Matters
The list of uncertain events is growing by the day, and as soon as there is some certainty around one area, it seems as if another pops up. Yet not all unpredictable issues are important in the same way to every industry or organization. As you begin to plan for the transitional period between “lock-down” and a new equilibrium, share this quick activity with your strategy working group, and begin isolating what matters from what doesn’t, so you can focus on your priorities.
Who is this for: Anyone with a planning responsibilities, collaborative teams initiating a transition plan, individuals and leaders seeking to generate clarity in the midst of unfolding news
- Clarity: A clear process for working through a mass of complex, messy items helps generate clarity and focus
- Skills: Develop skills for working in uncertain conditions
- Process-building: Generate criteria for evaluating which issues are of greatest importance in your context