Read (Hidden) Emotions: The Science Behind a New Skill
Gain access to information about others which you’ve never before known.
It is important to know what someone is thinking and feeling when your goal is to build constructive relationships through leading, coaching, selling or hiring. People often attempt to suppress their emotions. But there is “leakage,” known as micro expressions, which occur in 1/2 of a second. In this unique and highly interactive communication program, you will experience a special video tool and hands-on coaching to help you increase Emotional Intelligence, as you learn to spot these emotions.
These potent skills are based on 40+ years of research by Dr. Paul Ekman. In the past, training has been kept to law enforcement and security firms. Organizations who use these detection skills across the globe include the Interpol, CIA, FBI, TSA, Scotland Yard, Emirates Airlines and more. Hollywood embraced this when Lord of the Rings won the Academy Award for Visual Effects using the science.
This elite training has been re-designed so business professionals can adopt these potent techniques and leave this experience enabled to better manage the feelings of others. Whether you lead, sell, coach or hire, you can see an increase in your EQ, influence and communication skills.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Read suppressed emotions in the faces of others by experiencing a special video tool.
- Discover the science and function of emotions, by improving how you personally react to triggers which can undermine relationships with others.
- Receive coaching to improve your new skills by watching slow motion videos, news clips and learn which muscles in the face indicate which emotion is being suppressed.
- Develop your new ability to have healthier relationships by practicing situations where knowing the feelings of others can improve professional and personal relationships.
- Reinforce your new learning toward mastery by adopting some tips and best-practices on reading (hidden) emotions.
Pain vs. Gain – What best Motivates Buyers to Buy?
We finally settle the oldest argument in selling.
In this fascinating expose’ on influence skills, you will discover how each buyer you face reveals his or her motivation and decision-making criteria. You can easily embed the psychology of motivation and decision-making into your sales practices.
Does your buyer make choose products or services in order to attain Gain, benefits and good things? Or are they motivated by Pain, problems and avoiding future trouble?
Who is right? The classic Zig Ziglar and Tommy Hopkins approaches of pitching benefits has been replaced by a current belief that you can’t sell anyone without knowing their pain points? Both are right and both are wrong, depending on your buyer.
In this unique and useful program, you will gain a brief bit of history on motivation. Then we get interactive as your salespeople begin to see patterns of Pain and Gain around them. They’ll quickly pick this up through watching TV ads, looking through a variety of magazines and, through an exercise where this is applied to one another.
Your team can improve performance by adapting this new skill. Gain verbal agility, starting by designing a chart that lists bullet points of Pain and Gain. These new language choices can help you better manage opening conversations, handle objections, utilize potent questioning skills and more.
This highly-interactive and transformational training experience can get your sales pros in sync with buyers like never before. Increased rapport and better dialogues can take them further down the path toward a close.
This will not compete or conflict with any sales process you have in place. Simply layer it in your sales approach and add a new ability to your sales pros existing skillsets.
The Ultimate Objection Handling Tool
Great sales pros can predict the future.
Great sales pros know exactly what can happen and so they know what will happen. This is never more evident than it is when handling objections. To accelerate these abilities as a sales professional, together with your team, we will build your organization’s Ultimate Objection Handling Tool. The tool works to manage buyer resistance in these three ways.
- Identify your top six objections
Every business has 5 or 6 basic objections that form 98% of all the trouble a rep will encounter during a sales call. We want to identify what they are and use that as the basis for applying the response models which follow.
- Create Potent Response Models
Multiple techniques are used (over a dozen available) to create potent responses that can overcome buyer resistance. These include psychologically-sound strategies that help your buyer move further down the path toward a close.
- Find Your Voice
Is that objection response a reflection of YOU? Every sales person knows what they would and could say and what they wouldn’t or couldn’t. Matching the wide diversity of personalities in a roomful of reps is key to brainstorming and developing variety in these responses.
Basic Rules on Handling Objections
Sales pros can find out reasons for buyer resistance and 8 ways to stay out from behind the 8 ball in their selling conversations.
Leave an Amazing Legacy for your Team
This program has been taught/built from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to Caracas, Venezuela and cities across North America. You will want to embed this as the key best-practices tool in your sales training process. This can strengthen the skills of sales managers and selling professionals, including new-hires, to move quickly and confidently past resistance and increase their ability to close more sales.
The Secret Language of Influence®
Your Passport to Powerful Persuasion.
How well do your words and phrases motivate (or de-motivate) others? Language training is the most neglected area of any management, leadership or business development program. Recent research from the world of psychology can help us increase the potency of our conversations. Useful for leading, managing, motivating and most critically, selling your ideas.
Learn how psychologists and linguists define influential language. You’ll pick up tips on how some people are influenced to gain good things or avoid problems. Discover the difference between which people are persuaded by evidence, testimonials or peer pressure vs. those who simply don’t care what others think. Finally, you’ll learn 8 language patterns that you might already be using that undermine your influence abilities and what to say instead. Here’s a fresh and fun experience that you can put into practice right away!
The Top Five Best-Practices Your Sales Pros Need to Know
In this fast-paced program you can acquire 5 critical pieces of the sales puzzle that can improve team performance
- The Ultimate Objection Handling Tool to Eliminate Buyer Resistance Build a book of responses to your top objections. Stop getting stuck when a buyer doubts your offerings, your service, your price. Learn multiple ways to move past resistance and further down the path toward a close. Your company will leave with a book of techniques to use for anyone on the sales team, even new hires, in order to speed up the selling process and close more sales.
- One Great Opening is Worth 10,000 Closes (and you can stop “think it over” stalls) If you don’t open well, you’ll never get a close to the close. Learn how to take charge and create a conversation where the buyer understands the rules of the game – how your meeting will work, and – most critically – how it will end. You two can work together to determine how your products and services can serve the buyer’s company, by solving his or her problems. This is perhaps the most potent technique Dan Seidman teaches, globally. Are your sales professionals frustrated by conversations that end with “I’ll think it over” or “Give me a call later” or any of a dozen agonizing “goodbyes” that occur in our selling day? Discover how to eradicate stalls that end calls.
- Wipe Out the #1 Problem Salespeople Encounter Get rid of the biggest obstacle to your selling success. It’s a fact that seller spend too much time with bad prospects. You’ll learn to quickly qualify buyers and focus time and attention on people who are ready, willing and able to spend money with you. This experience will draw off of the collective brain power of everyone in the room, as well as Dan Seidman’s 25+ years managing and training sales pros. The training materials you will craft from this day will serve as a legacy to your organization and ensure future success. Set your buying criteria, craft potent qualifying questions and see your salespeople become wiser in identifying serious buyers.
- Gain vs. Pain – How to Know which Approach Motivates each Buyer! The oldest argument in selling is whether a buyer is better inclined to buy when you sell with GAIN (benefits, good things) or PAIN (problems you can solve, bad things). Recent research from Cognitive Psychology can give us the skills to identify exactly which approach works best with each buyer your face. Attendees will create charts of potent language choices to use for each of these buyer types. This transformational training experience, can get your sales pros in synch with buyers like never before. Learn to speak each buyer’s dialect! Customize your selling conversations and create significant performance improvement.
- Debrief your Sales Call Sales pros can improve quickly, with the constant observation and input of sales managers. Unfortunately, managers aren’t always available to debrief every sales call. Here the salesperson is taught to think like a manager, to debrief themselves. By being brutally honest and seeking to improve every day, sales pros can use this 7-step model to analyze and improve performance quickly. This is smart selling at it smartest. Based on your own selling system, this can be customized for your company.
These strategies can elevate team performance and get early wins for your sales team.
The Excuse Elimination Diet
Excuses can cripple our opportunities to excel.
In this fascinating program from Dan Seidman’s Secret Language of Influence training, you will learn how to influence, not others, but yourself.
We will look at how the brain implements the seductive psychology of excuses. The training experience reveals how…
- Excuses Sabotage our Success
- Excuses are a form of Persuasion
- Excuses can be Seductive
- Excuses are Directly Related to our Mental State
- Excuses are Shared for One Reason
- There are Categories of Excuses
In this program you will discover how our brain happily accepts excuses that can destroy success opportunities and why we gain the support of others to enlist their endorsement of our weak excuses. We will then employ a strategy to eliminate this toxic self-talk, forever.
Yes, you will discover how to identify and crush your excuse-making skills.
This powerful strategy can then be used in your professional and personal life – to improve performance as well relationships. Do not miss this unique program on how to influence yourself toward greater freedom and success!
This unique program is based on over 50 research studies and 1000 pages of data on how destructive excuses are to both individual and group goals. In 25+ years of training business professionals, entrepreneurs and sales pros I have never received as much energy or requests about a training program. This teaching is embraced heavily by anyone who’s tired of their team making excuses for lack of success behaviors. This training is a powerful experience that will improve emotional intelligence and personal performance. This program has been created from sound practices in social psychology. Its goal is to help sales pros adapt healthy behaviors.
Great sales pros are defined by their ability to ask outstanding questions.
These are questions that advance the sale toward a close. In this program you will build a rich resource, customized for your company offerings. This experience includes 15 goals gained from your queries, how to evoke emotion, adopting empathy, rules to apply, categories of questions and some unique, brave and bold questions to use when the sale seems lost. You’ll have practice time – as each sales pro creates their 5 power questions that need to be answered in order to improve their closing ratio. All of this results from drawing off the collective brainpower of everyone in the room, to design your book of questions. This master document will increase performance in the field for your sales pros, and especially rookies.
Drawing from the best of 600+ hilarious selling blunders, you can learn key sales practices from your peers who have failed miserably in front of buyers. This very unique experience can close the gap between you and greatness with lessons from these “thank God it didn’t happen to me” stories. Learn from reps who crash on contact, choose between respect and revenge, earn combat pay, understand what it means to be an angel and the value the wisdom of mentors.
BONUS: Confession Session! Fun, often hilarious experience where your team can share their stupid mistakes. These all become learning moments as Dan draws lessons and dishes out a variety of unique prizes.
All of these programs can be presented as a keynote or training experience. When you realize what an impact this can have on sales performance, you’ll want Dan to come and build these into your normal sales methodology. All guaranteed not to conflict or compete with your current systems.