Claim the Stage! ® An Invitation for Women to Leap– Not Lean– Into Leadership
As a presentation coach and trainer, it’s been my experience that too many talented women stay stuck in the wings—unnoticed, unexpressed, and unfulfilled. They decline offers to speak at key events, stay silent in critical conversations, and avoid applying for positions of greater leadership and influence. When they are not silencing themselves, they are silenced by others— either subtly or overtly—especially in male-dominated work environments. As a result, they diminish their impact, and the world loses out on their unique talents and perspectives.
My Claim the Stage™ keynote for women (and related Claim the Stage programming, including coaching, retreats, and a bestselling book by the same name) was born out of my passionate belief that we need more women’s voices on the speaking platform, in the boardroom, and in the political arena. Because if we, as women, don’t choose to step up and speak up within the inner circles where decisions are made, those decisions will be made for us, not with us.
Audience members will:
- Learn the Claim the Stage™ Success Cycle, a repeatable 7-step process to maximize confidence and visibility on public platforms and in the greater world.
- Discover the Three Pitfalls that keep women from showing up, stepping up and speaking up when it matters.
- Examine and reframe the limiting beliefs that keep them from realizing their potential
- Re-kindle and recommit to the passionate purpose that drives and defines them as a leader and person.
(Note: Claim the Stage is a great fit for women’s advocacy groups and women’s organizations)
Perform at Your Peak: Three Principles for a Confident, Compelling Presence Under Pressure
This leadership presence keynote speech identifies the similarities between great actors and great leaders. Both radiate a confident and magnetic vocal, physical, and energetic Charismatic Presence that inspires others to trust them, and to follow them.
Both consistently perform at their peak under immense pressure and scrutiny, managing with ease the fears or negative beliefs that could stop them from sharing their wisdom, message, or big idea with others. And both are committed to practices that, over time, and with conscious application, develop presence mastery.
Presence mastery– the ability to be consistently real, relaxed and radiantly present in performance situations (meetings, conversations, presentations) when the stakes are high and eyeballs are on you—is something I struggled mightily to achieve during auditions as a young actress in New York City. For a long, tough, time, my auditions were woefully inconsistent, with a yo-yoing level of presence and performance.
Fortunately, master acting teachers came to my rescue, teaching me methods to expand my unique presence, manage my performance anxiety, and perform under pressure with a greater degree of confidence and consistency. Those methodologies changed my work, and my life. And they formed the foundations of the 5 Principles of Charismatic Presence that I have been teaching business executives and leaders for almost twenty years.
In this interactive program, I share those methodologies and the stories that shaped them, encouraging audience members to commit to the path of presence mastery, so they can speak, lead, and share their big idea with a confident, consistent presence that moves hearts, minds, and mountains.
Audience members will learn:
- The three Principles of Presence and Performance Mastery.
- Doable, useful techniques that minimize “The Lies That Bind” (limiting beliefs that lead to limiting behaviors)
- A simple technique to manage nerves and adrenaline and step calmly and confidently into spotlight moments
- The 4 Questions to assure continued development and growth
(Note: Perform at Your Peak is great for audience of senior and middle management and developing leaders).
Touch the Sky! (A Motivational Keynote Concert for Everyday Healers)
Are your employees at risk for burnout? Have they forgotten their true value and purpose? Is “bottoming out” affecting their bottom line? Let me inspire the people in your organization to re-connect and re-commit to what’s important, so they can reach their potential on a daily basis!
Touch the Sky is my flagship musical motivational keynote performance. It’s a perfect way to open or close your next conference. And it’s different, because it reflects my background as a professional singer, songwriter, and actress. Not only do I give people a fresh perspective, I tell them what they need to know and what they need to do to be their best and bring out the best in others on a daily basis. And I do this with just the right mix of powerful stories, original songs and simple strategies woven together to literally create an experience, not just a lecture.
During my presentation, I zero in on four things:
- Remind people why they do what they do, and why it’s so important.
- Reinforce the value of perspective in overcoming obstacles.
- Empower people to make a choice, take action, and stay accountable.
- Spread this “can-do” attitude throughout the ranks.
People walk away feeling:
- More valued and appreciated by their organization.
- More hopeful for a brighter future.
- More energized and better equipped to handle job stress, take concrete steps, and motivate their team members.
- More willing and able to perform at their peak.
(Note: Touch the Sky is perfect program for audiences of “Everyday Healers”, like nurses, front line workers, admins and teachers.