All of Hilary’s presentations are custom-built depending on the specific needs of your organization.
- Uncover the ways in which our verbal and non-verbal cues impact how others perceive who we are, the value we bring, and the opportunities we are ready for
- Discover unconscious habits undermining your authority and your message keeping you from the visibility and credibility you deserve
- Educate on the use of verbal and non-verbal communication to effectively build your voice and presence for leadership
- Leverage intentional communication strategies to cultivate rapport, increase influence, and maximize results
- Learn strategies to navigate communication challenges to ensure you have your voice at the table
- Understand the different communication rituals of men and women that are responsible for the majority of misunderstandings and communication breakdowns
- Discover the secrets of powerful oral performance to deliver compelling presentations and pitches that establish connection, maximize your influence and drive results with your team and your clients
- Communicate for better clarity, impact and presence for ESL executives
- Explore the 3 biggest communication “Power Leaks” for women & men in business that siphon away your impact and influence
- Improve your communication skills which will allow you to Show Up with more confidence which will increase your positive visibility that will result in bigger and better opportunities
Is Your Voice as Powerful as You Are?: The Psychology of Influential Communication
When you walk into a room, you may look the part. Your business accomplishments may indicate that you’re an achiever. But the moment you begin to speak, your audience will be listening carefully to gauge if your voice, body language and message are congruent.
Rising to higher levels of leadership requires new skills. Strong communication is ranked as the #2 most critical skill for leadership by Forbes, Fast Company and WSJ. At a certain level your knowledge, expertise and good works no longer differentiate you. What does is how you deliver that knowledge and expertise in a way that informs others while inspiring them to follow your lead. How we say it is far more persuasive than what we say.
Your listeners decide in just seven seconds…
Simply put, there is a strong relationship between verbal and non-verbal communication and the psychology of perception: who we are as individuals, our personality, our strengths, what we bring to the table and also our weaknesses are unmasked in the voice and our body language.
Voice is the primary way we extend who we are out into the world. What we value, our ideas, and what we bring to the table all come through the vehicle of voice. Yet, very few know how to use the power of voice effectively. Worse, many have unconscious habits that are undermining their authority, negatively impacting the way they are being perceived and ultimately getting in the way of their success.
During this hands-on experiential we will use current circumstances within your organization to learn the science and skills behind effective communication to advocate, influence and maximize your success.
Bridging the Gender Divide in the Workplace: Understanding Female vs Male Communication Rituals to Mitigate Unconscious Bias in the Workplace
It’s no secret that women and men have differences. Science supports it, our experiences solidify it. Aside from physical differences, one of the most defining characteristics that shape how the genders differ is communication styles. When the varying communication rituals between men and women are not understood and unconsciously overlooked this results in
misunderstandings, misinterpretations and unintended consequences. Negatively impacting moral it ultimately limits our ability to effectively utilize the full spectrum of team capacity and talent. If you can only communicate with a third of your team, you are more likely to achieve only a third of your potential success.
Communication rituals that impact the ways in which men and women find themselves interacting at the office stem from both physical biology as well as the social cues that develop the psychology of an individual.
In this workshop we will uncover the psychology and science to understand why men and women may have differing communication rituals and how to better recognize and navigate the unconscious habits and biases that can arise when we don’t all communicate the same way.
We will explore skills and strategies that will allow you to more effectively communicate and intentionally engage with all team members that then allow everyone’s talents and contributions to be fully leveraged.
When we are able to utilize the knowledge and expertise of everyone at the table to reach common goals and objectives it impacts team and company success.