The 7 Simple Habits of Inclusive Leaders
What do inclusive leaders do? What specific actions do they take to demonstrate a commitment to inclusion?
Inclusive leadership expert Melissa Majors is an innovator and optimizer of inclusion, leadership, and education strategies. In The 7 Habits of Inclusive Leaders, she reveals how great leaders enjoy superior team performance and drive much higher profitability by incorporating inclusive practices.
These behaviors fall into seven categories: Business Process, Collaboration, Mindset, Leading Self and Others, Decisions, Values, Empathy.
This discussion is for all leaders; leaders of self, people, initiatives, and organizations.
- Identify and describe concepts such as intellectual humility, tactical empathy, and intersectionality.
- Gain insight into the habits and tactics used by inclusive leaders.
- Unlock access to social posts, job aides, and toolkits to help build inclusive habits.
Help Her Win: Leadership Strategies for Women’s Success
Women commonly experience unique workplace challenges due to covert competition, microaggressions, lack of sponsors and mentors, balancing authenticity and assimilation, gaining and retaining power, being heard, increased scrutiny, etc.
However, women’s success is not just a woman’s issue. Without the avid support of men, often the most influential stakeholders in many large corporations, significant progress toward ending gender disparities are unlikely.
During this talk, Melissa of Melissa Majors Consulting examines research, scenarios, and best practices for leveraging ethical leadership to mitigate barriers to women’s success. This discussion is relevant for both men and women in manager and non-manager roles.
- Articulate the case for integrity-based leadership as it relates to mitigating common challenges women face in the workplace.
- Describe specific leadership tactics that can be used to overcome these issues.
- Gain access to resources (infographics and pre-defined social posts) that can be used to continue the conversation with your network.
Busy Bosses: Leadership Lessons for Leaders Who Don’t Have Time for Leadership Lessons
Want to be an even better leader? Of course! But really, who has time to invest in leadership training? Not the leaders who need it; they’re too busy leading!
Some of the trends covered include: Prioritization, Intellectual Humility, Overcoming Fear of Conflict, Fostering Trust Across Difference, Virtual Collaboration, Tactical Empathy, Empowering Others, Inclusion, Maintaining Mental Clarity, Servant Leadership.
During this talk, Melissa Majors synthesizes best practices for evolved leadership into a comprehensive course that you actually have time to take! This discussion is relevant for leaders of people and initiatives.
- Demonstrate tactics associated with relevant leadership trends and best practices.
- Describe the need for evolved leadership. Gain access to resources (infographics and pre-defined social posts) that can be used to continue the conversation with your network.
Mesmerize: How to Design and Deliver Brain-Friendly Presentations
There is a terrible epidemic plaguing presenters around the world, and unfortunately, it’s causing epic failure to business cases, team meetings, board presentations, keynote addresses, and more.
The problem often goes undetected given audience member’s adept ability to fake engagement, when, in fact, their brains are not paying attention at all! The great news is, thanks to advances in neuroscience, we know so much more about how the brain is wired to pay attention, learn, and recall information.
We will explore the art and neuroscience behind designing and delivering mesmerizing and memorable presentations during this short course. Start mesmerizing your audiences today!
- Describe how to design and deliver presentations that work with the brain and not against it.
- Utilize appropriate graphics that enhance comprehension and retention of messages. Define basic neuroscience principles related to how the brain learns.