Mindfulness and Resilience: Tools to Thrive During Stressful Times
During our current time of change and uncertainty, our stress and anxiety levels can go through the roof. Working from home has made it more difficult to maintain a work-life balance. It is absolutely crucial for us to be able to maintain our physical, mental and emotional health so we can take care of ourselves, our family and remain productive in our professional life.
This talk will address the following items:
- Importance of Positive Relationships
- Healthy Eating
- Unplugged Sleep
- Regular Exercise
- Maintaining a Personal Hobby
Participants will also learn the science behind mindfulness and will be virtually guided through a variety of mindfulness practices for reducing stress, improving productivity and emotional intelligence. Some of practices are as follows:
- Breathing – for stress reduction
- Focusing – for improving one’s ability to concentrate and focus
- Gratitude – to shift to a more positive mindset
- Appreciation – develop appreciation for the contributions of our colleagues
Creating a Mindful and Positive Workplace Culture
The growth and overall success of an organization is defined by its culture and leadership. A positive workplace culture enhances teamwork, collaboration and morale. As a result it boosts employee engagement, efficiency and retention.
This presentation will address the importance of creating an environment where ego battles aren’t driving the company down and where individuals are willing to put aside their own self-interest for the sake of the greater good. It encourages an environment where individuals are willing to appreciate the contributions of their co-workers instead of feeling threatened by them. The research on mindfulness and its application for the workplace will also be presented.
As a result of this keynote, the audience will be able to:
- Communicate with awareness, clarity and compassion
- Manage their emotions to handle conflicts
- Develop a positive mindset towards individuals they don’t see eye-to-eye with
- Express appreciation towards the work of their colleagues
- Utilize mindfulness breathing and focusing techniques to lower stress and improve productivity
The audience will learn the value and keys of communicating with awareness, clarity and compassion while taking into account the impact positive and negative communication can have on workplace relationships.
Participants will walk away with a deeper understanding of the importance to appreciating their direct reports and colleagues to create an environment of trust and collaboration.
Mindful Leadership: Walking the Talk
Leaders set the tone and mood for the rest of the organization. To fully inspire and bring out the best from the workforce, leadership has to lead by example and “walk the talk.” They can’t say one thing and do another. To attract, engage and retain top talent, leaders need to create more human and employee-centered workplace environments.
This talk will address the importance for leadership of all levels to not only set the right example, but also, on a regular basis, appreciate the contributions of their workforce, communicate mindfully to encourage and inspire, lead with humility and without ego and manage their emotions. The research on mindfulness and its application for the workplace will also be presented.
After this keynote, participants will be able to:
- Improve their level of self-awareness
- Communicate mindfully and with compassion
- Lead with confidence combined with humility
- Better manage their emotions to remain calm during challenging situations
- Implement mindfulness techniques to reduce stress and improve focus and productivity