Empathy @ Work – The Essential Soft Skill for Effective Leaders and Teams
Soft skills are rising in importance—with empathy at the core—allowing colleagues to build stronger connections, communicate better and collaborate more effectively across hierarchy levels, generations, and locations. Referencing neuroscience and behavioral psychology, Sophie explains empathy using specific examples; identifies measurement methods; describes how to understand coworkers’ emotions; and shares ways to practice empathy to enhance leadership, engagement, and productivity.
– Learning how to identify, expand, and practice empathy skills
– Identifying when to focus on co-workers’ different perspectives
– Recognizing key moments to tap into colleagues’ emotions
– Realizing why stronger relationships support better team results
– Discovering how empathy improves communication and collaboration
– Finding out how to incorporate empathy into key daily routines
The Multigenerational Workforce – Managing Boomers, Gen-Xers, Millennials, and Gen Zs Effectively
The multigenerational workforce brings a great variety of values, expectations, meanings, technology-savvy, and mindsets together. Misinterpretations and interactions at cross-purposes can occur. Sophie helps attendees understand the diverse meaning of our words, personal contexts, and the benefit of clarifying questions to bridge individual differences. She shares tips to stimulate constructive communication and collaboration. Sophie’s insights enable audience members of all generations to lead, manage and work effectively with a diverse team, improving interactions, productivity, and results.
– Realizing how personal context affects our points of view
– Recognizing how common ground builds connections
– Identifying how judgments can disrupt productive interactions
– Choosing relevant words to communicate clearly
– Improving understanding by recognizing others’ perspectives
– Empathizing across generations to improve collaboration
Working Everywhere – How to Create and Sustain High-Performing Decentralized Teams
In tech-driven, less predictable business environments, more is now required of your workforce. Each person must be able to collaborate and contribute effectively wherever they are. Sophie explains how new mindsets, management approaches and ways of working help integrate distributed workers so they can work well together. She discusses how to include and support remote workers whether they are employees or independent contractors. Sophie shares insights about accommodating different roles, working styles, and tools so that decentralized teams can be as engaged and productive as possible.
– Describing key skills for driving distributed team productivity
– Optimizing personal remote working effectiveness
– Identifying each team member’s preferred working style
– Managing for optimal individual and team performance
– Discovering key habits to support decentralized working
– Recognizing how developing strong team relationships improves results