Double board certified in emergency medicine and EMS (disaster medicine), Dr. Bose’s day to day includes treating critically ill patients from newborn to end-of-life, including gunshot wounds, COVID, and heart attacks. Dr. Bose serves as city EMS medical director in West Texas, overseeing 19 counties encompassing over 38,000 square miles, the largest geographic coverage by any hospital system in the United States. In this role, he orchestrates the city emergency response for ambulances, firefighters, and SWAT during mass casualty incidents including the 2019 mass shooting in Odessa and Midland, Texas and the COVID-19 pandemic. The son of immigrants and the descendant of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, an Indian freedom fighter who joined Mahatma Gandhi in that effort, Dr. Bose believes in fighting for the American Dream and protecting our most valuable asset: our health.
• Achieved advanced certification from the Department of Homeland Security in federal, state, and local disaster response protocol
• Selected annually by the International Association of Healthcare Professionals as one of the “The Leading Physicians of the World” in emergency medicine category
• Recognized by the American College of Emergency Physicians as one of “America’s Health Care Leaders” and Heroes of Emergency Medicine of the past 40 years
• Co-hosted the weekly CBS “Your Eye on Health” segment, which discussed medical and personal health issues
• Featured physician on hit worldwide reality TV show “Untold Stories of the ER”
• Logged more than 1,000 media appearances as a health correspondent, including features on
CNN, MSNBC, CBS News, FOX, Time Magazine, and more
Educator and Advisor:
Dr. Bose is passionate about training the next generation of physicians and educating leaders in public health and safety on the latest protocols in disaster and emergency care. As a national disaster expert, he presented at the 2019 United Nations General Assembly on emergency medical services and disaster care. In 2023, Dr. Bose was selected to serve on August Pfluger’s healthcare advisory committee to ensure the 11th Congressional district of Texas and surrounding rural areas have the quality healthcare they deserve. Dr. Bose is also currently a clinical professor at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center and at University of Illinois and has held faculty positions at University of Texas and Texas A&M. In these collective roles he must stay at the forefront of medical breakthroughs and communicate difficult concepts in a way others can understand and apply through care and policymaking.
• Serving on Congressman August Pfluger’s Health Care Advisory Committee to craft sound policies in health care
• Trained more than 1 million physicians through his online teaching curricula
• Received the 2007 National Faculty Teaching Award, the industry’s highest teaching award
• Authored more than 50 publications, including High Yield Emergency Medicine, a best-selling textbook, now considered a standard text in the field
• Created proprietary Emergency Medicine Written Board Examination Review curriculum which led two medical centers to achieve No. 1 scores in the nation among 140 other residency programs
• Over 100 keynote appearances including for Fortune 500s, Federal Home Loan Banks, American Medical Association, TED, Capitol Hill, Veteran events, University of Oxford, Mayo Clinic, United Nations, and more
• Executive producer on informative medical documentaries including Triangle of Death and Desert Doc
A former major in the U.S. Army, Dr. Bose is a proud Iraq War veteran with 12 years of service. During Operation Iraqi Freedom, Dr. Bose provided front-line emergency medical care on the streets to thousands of wounded soldiers and Iraqi civilians during the peak of insurgencies in Baghdad, Najaf, and Fallujah. In these circumstances, Dr. Bose refined his ability to motivate teams and manage crises. Because he often lacked traditional resources and time, he also learned to quickly develop creative solutions to challenges. Dr. Bose is passionate about veteran advocacy and is the founder of The Battle Continues, a nonprofit charity advocating for the health needs of veterans; 100% of donations go directly to injured veterans.
• Handpicked by US forces to treat Saddam Hussein after his capture
• Awarded the Bronze Star for serving one of the longest combat tours by a physician since World
• Combat Medical Badge recipient: participated in combat operations under direct enemy hostile fire
• Received Presidential Recognition and featured as a “CNN Hero” for service under extraordinary circumstances
Founder and CEO:
At the local level, Dr. Bose expands access to emergency care in his community by starting and co-owning several freestanding emergency rooms to provide patients with an efficient and effective alternative to spending sometimes hours at the hospital ER while awaiting treatment. At the national level, Dr. Bose is the founder & CEO of several nationally top-ranked medical and education technology companies focused on increasing health care knowledge and agency improvement. Dr. Bose was involved in all aspects of developing and executing the business model and marketing plan for each company, giving him practical business skills. His companies reached profitability in the first year, and participant examination scores and patient health improved. He is adept at evolving company offerings to adapt to changing requirements to retain market leader status for over 15 years. He serves as a strategic advisor to venture capital, private equity, and Fortune 500 companies.
• Serves as Medical Advisor to Dr. B (hidrb.com), a telehealth platform making prescription medications more affordable & accessible for anyone, including no-cost care to low-income Americans. Dr. B is live in over 40 states and funded by venture capital
• Co-founded and served as Chief Medical Officer of liveClinic, a telehealth platform, electronic health record, and patient data acquisition tool. This multinational company was launched in 155 countries
• Founded AceYourBoards.com portal with online training courses to help doctors and nurses pass their board examinations, training more than one million physicians and medical leaders
• Selected to author dozens of business articles on both Business Insider and HuffPost. Featured expert on multiple media platforms including Fox Business, Yahoo Finance, MSNBC, and more